Moodle Knowledge Mapping block open source release
Want to provide integrated Knowledge Mapping in your Moodle system?
The Compendium team is pleased to make available the code from the OpenLearn LabSpace:
- Provide learners/educators with integrated downloads of the Compendium software tool for authoring/editing Knowledge Maps
- Moodle administrators can view textual+graphical statistics of uploads and downloads of Knowledge Maps, and Compendium software downloads (see below)
- Code for Moodle 1.8: knowledgemap-moodle-1.8.zip (licensed under the BSD open source license)
- Installation Guide for 1.8.
Important additional Information for 1.8:
Permissions: Currently the Compendium block code expects users to be logged in, in order to upload/download maps. There is code in the block to check the system context permissions against the current user to see if they can upload/download. For this check to work and for people to be allowed to upload download at all, you need to go make sure you have your system setup correctly. Go to your Moodle admin page and go to 'Users/Permssions/Define roles/Authenticated user'. Select 'Edit' and scroll down to 'Knowledge Maps'. You will see a permission called 'upload/download'. Make sure you have 'Allow' selected. All logged in users will now be allowed to upload/download maps through the Knowledge Maps block.
Example Knowledge Mapping reports:
Top level of Knowledge Map Uploads report:
Compendium Downloads report:
The BSD License
Copyright (c) 2007, The Open University UK, All rights reserved.
Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:
• Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
• Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
• Neither the name of the The Open University UK nor the names of its contributors may be used to endorse or promote products derived from this software without specific prior written permission.
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS "AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT OWNER OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.